WebFTP is now available as either a PHP script or an ASP script.
WebFTP will allow you to give others access to a portion of your
web site with their own user id and password.
Installation for ASP is simple. Unzip it, copy the files to the
appropriate directory/folder, add your own password protection and
start using it. Download it now! (6K) (1/17/2004)
Installation for the PHP version is almost as simple:
- Download webftp.zip (updated 10/30/2003)
- Create a directory and unzip the webftp.zip file into that directory.
- If necessary, edit config.php. Most paths are obtained from
PHP variables, so unless you are doing something different,
no changes should be necessary.
- Create a .htaccess if you want the directory protected.
- Compile GKDUtils with the following commands:
cc -o GKDUtils GKDutils.c
You may or may not need to set the uid bit on GKDUtils,
it depends on how your server operates.
chmod 4755 GKDUtils
WebFTP is provided free. If you have any questions, feel free to
If you like it, send me an email. It makes me feel good to know that
people are using my programs.